Upgrading

Reaction score
I'm ready to upgrade to a better keyboard, and I'm looking for the best quality sounds I can get. I'm considering Yamaha Motif, Korg Triton, and Roland Fantom series. I've heard that each has their strong points as far as sound libraries go; most important to me are the orchestra/string/horn sounds. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Reaction score
i don't know about roland, but if you're more oriented around acoustic instruments, then go for the Motif ES (i own one myself).

Tritons are older (1999, except the Extreme) and Motif ES came out in 2003-2004, and has a bigger waveform.

I suggest that you make a list of what you actually need, and then go and try those keyboards. Although you won't find tritons any more (except the TR which is actually a triton LE, but a bit better) you can try the new M3.

Reaction score
I have a triton Le. Its pretty rad and has a lot of sounds, but im leaning more on the roland side now. Korgs get outdated way to fast. They have new stuff coming out all the time, and a lot of it isnt much better than the last. Its just too freaking confusing. The fantoms are pretty awesome. I like some of the new roland features, and the packages they come in.

I havent been looking for a workstation lately, though. So idk that much about them

Ask a Question