USB-MIDI Driver V3.1.4 for Win 10/8.1/8/7 (64-bit)

Reaction score
Hi. I'm trying to download the subject driver to connect my Yamaha P515 to my laptop thru' USB cable but I keep getting the following message :
"Error 25001. No device is connect. Connect a device, and try again."
Please advise.
Thanks.

Reaction score
In fact, I'm trying to use Jamulus software. Whenever I access settings in Jamulus, I get this message :
"No usable ASIO audio device (driver) found. In the following there is a list of all available drivers with the associated error message :
- ASIO4ALL v2 : the audio device does not support the required sample rate. The required sample rate is 48000Hz.
- Yamaha Steinburg USB ASIO : same message as above.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
First, you should be using the Steinberg USB driver, not the Yamaha USB-MIDI driver. Based on the messages you referred to in your second post, it looks like the Steinberg driver might be installed already.

Second, if I remember correctly there was at least one person who was having trouble with the Steinberg USB driver who mentioned that they decided to uninstall ASIO4ALL and it ended up resolving the problem they were having the Steinberg driver. ASIO4ALL is a great driver if you don't have a real ASIO driver, but it isn't a real ASIO driver itself, just an imitation of ASIO. If you have a real ASIO driver, such as the Steinberg driver, you may want to uninstall ASIO4ALL in case it's creating any conflicts which are interfering with the Steinberg driver.

I'm not familiar with Jamulus, but audio software often lets you choose the audio sample rate you want to use, and you might also be able to choose the sample rate in your ASIO driver. The rate you select should match the rate used by your other device, which in this case would be the P-515.

EDIT: According to the specs for the P-515 on Yamaha's website, it uses a rate of 44.1 kHz, or 44100, so that is the rate you should select in Jamulus.

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I've used Jamulus Software in the past with Linux.

It really doesn't need any MIDI driver.

All it needs is audio input from your soundcard routed to the program.

In this case you would feed the audio LINE OUTS from your keyboard or your mixer directly to the computer's soundcard or audio interface depending on your configuration.

Gary ;)

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
I think (am guessing that) the OP is trying to use the P-515's USB audio with Jamulus, hence the Steinberg USB driver. The Yamaha USB-MIDI driver definitely won't work for that, because it doesn't handle USB audio as the Steinberg USB driver does.

Do you know whether Jamulus lets you select 44100 as your audio sample rate?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I used it years ago and never heard a peep about sample rates.

Like I said, if he lets the computer's DAC do the sampling he won't have any worries.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thanks to both of you for your prompt reply.
I uninstalled both drivers (Steinberg & ASIO4ALL). When I try to open Jamulus, I get the attached error message.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 70

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Sorry man. Last time I ran Jamulus was 6 or 7 years ago.

Back then there may have been no such requirement.

Then again things work differently on Linux. There's about 5 different layers of sound drivers on a modern machine and they are all routed via the JACK Audio Connection Kit (Recursive Anagram Nomenclature Typical of Linux Apps.)

If it's not working with ASIO4ALL or the Steinberg driver I'd recommend contacting the Jamulus Authors for tech support or to report a bug if need be.

Ultimately they can tell you better than us what it requires to work properly.

Gary ;)

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
I uninstalled both drivers (Steinberg & ASIO4ALL).

You should reinstall the Steinberg USB driver, which you can download from Yamaha's website. Even if you aren't using a USB connection to receive a USB audio signal from the P-515, apparently Jamulus requires an ASIO driver to provide a low-latency audio experience.

Even if you decide to use a stereo audio connection instead of a USB connection, I think the ASIO driver should be able to convert the audio being received by your computer into a format that Jamulus likes.

I really think your main problem was the audio sample rate. The P-515 outputs a 44100 sample rate, and it looks like Jamulus and/or the ASIO drivers you had installed were set to a 48000 sample rate.

If there's some reason why the Steinberg driver won't work with your computer's sound card, you can install the ASIO4ALL driver instead, in which case I assume you'll need to use an audio connection rather than a USB connection, since I doubt that the P-515's USB signal can be properly decoded by the ASIO4ALL driver.

Reaction score
You should reinstall the Steinberg USB driver, which you can download from Yamaha's website. Even if you aren't using a USB connection to receive a USB audio signal from the P-515, apparently Jamulus requires an ASIO driver to provide a low-latency audio experience.

Even if you decide to use a stereo audio connection instead of a USB connection, I think the ASIO driver should be able to convert the audio being received by your computer into a format that Jamulus likes.

I really think your main problem was the audio sample rate. The P-515 outputs a 44100 sample rate, and it looks like Jamulus and/or the ASIO drivers you had installed were set to a 48000 sample rate.

If there's some reason why the Steinberg driver won't work with your computer's sound card, you can install the ASIO4ALL driver instead, in which case I assume you'll need to use an audio connection rather than a USB connection, since I doubt that the P-515's USB signal can be properly decoded by the ASIO4ALL driver.
So It seems I need to get an external USB Midi Interface (2 midi connectors as input and usb as output) which I believe would resample from my Yamaha 44100Hz to Jamulus 48000Hz. What do you think ?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
So It seems I need to get an external USB Midi Interface (2 midi connectors as input and usb as output) which I believe would resample from my Yamaha 44100Hz to Jamulus 48000Hz. What do you think ?
MIDI has nothing to do with it.

You need to get AUDIO into the computer.

The process works like this :

Keyboard (ANALOG AUDIO OUT) >>> USB SOUNDCARD Which Digitizes the Signal >>> To COMPUTER IN

Got it?

Gary ;)

Ask a Question