USB Sticks for Yamaha Keyboards

Reaction score
Hi guys

Im after finding out if i can use any USB stick or if i need a special Yamaha USB stick to put expansion packs on my new S650. any info will be grateful.

Baz82

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
As far as I know, there's no such thing as a "special" USB stick. Yamaha might require some special formatting of a generic stick, but the only limitation you should look out for is maximum capacity the keyboard can handle. (ie. how many gigs)

Formatting can usually be handled by a utility built into the keyboard itself.

Reaction score
Hej Baz82,

page 53 of the manual:

USB storage devices (flash memory, etc.)
The instrument does not necessarily support all commercially available USB devices. Yamaha cannot guarantee operation of USB devices that you purchase. Before purchasing a USB device for use with this instrument, please visit the following web page:
http://download.yamaha.com/

In your case I think most of the USB-Sticks will work without problems; but in all cases I would format the stick in the keyboard (page 56 of the manual).

Reaction score
Hej Baz82,

page 53 of the manual:

USB storage devices (flash memory, etc.)
The instrument does not necessarily support all commercially available USB devices. Yamaha cannot guarantee operation of USB devices that you purchase. Before purchasing a USB device for use with this instrument, please visit the following web page:
http://download.yamaha.com/

In your case I think most of the USB-Sticks will work without problems; but in all cases I would format the stick in the keyboard (page 56 of the manual).

cheers mate.

Ask a Question