Use M-Audio Keystation 88 on PC [Noob]

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have an m-audio keystation 88 but I've never been able to successfully get it to work on my PC. All I want to do is hear it make piano noises (it's for my wife, she's the player). I know I will need some software and such but I have tried googling and multiple softwares for the last few hours. I get a lot of my software to recognise the thing is plugged in but I can't produce any noise.

Do you know of any very easy tutorials or programs to simply let me play music. No recording or editing necessary.

Any help would be great thanks.

Kind regards,

Fab

P.S. Windows 7 64bit.

Reaction score
Got it working now thanks. Ended up using FL and had the same issue initially but once I actually set the sound it worked.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Glad to hear it. While you're at it, if you're not looking to create MIDI sequences look around for some standalone soft synths. I run Linux and use Fluidsynth with Qsynth as a front end which allow me to load in standard Soundblaster Soundfonts on my Realtek soundcard just for playing sounds. Another one I use is ZynAddSubFX which is a parametric virtual synth.

Not sure if these are available to Windows users or not, but otherwise there are plenty of freeware virtual synths out there.

Something to think about once you start feeling the urge to try out new sounds :)

Gary

Ask a Question