User style

Reaction score
hello i have yamaha psr E463 i did load style from USB and it plays but no sound is there anything i miss or what? thanks

Reaction score
i saw the user manual how to load style it is .sty file i got it from another yahama instrument it show me the load is successful and i can see it is playing but no sond

Reaction score
Do you have sound when playing in sound mode?

Do other styles play OK?

If the answer is yes then I am presuming that the Sty file you are having the problem with is the problem, try loading a different Sty file.

If nothing works try resetting the keyboard

Reaction score
sam18

These are the symptoms you get when you load an SFF2 format style into the "E" series boards, which require SFF1 format styles. We had a rash of this between late November and Christmas, when a lot of folks were receiving "E" series boards as gifts. The larger PSR series boards have totally different symptoms. They just refuse to load the style, and give an error message. SFF2 styles started with the PSR-S910 and Tyros 3. A nice gentleman by the name of Jorgen Sorensen wrote an SFF2-to-SFF1 style format converter. He calls it Style Format 2 Converter. You can download it from:

http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software.htm

For the much older boards, I believe prior to the PSR-2000/2100, you need his Style Old Format Converter, and if you have a lot of styles to check for format, he offers the Style Format Finder. Jorgen puts a lot of time and work into his utilities, so please be kind. His work is shareware, not freeware. His utilites require either the Java or the Microsoft .Net Framework runtime programs. Read the entire description for any utility you want to download. It will tell which runtime program you need.

Last edited:

Ask a Question