Using DAW VST'S EXTERNALLY

Reaction score
Hi all, would anyone know if it is possible to load selected vst's from a DAW, being Mixcraft Pro Studio, onto a USB to be then used in an external VST player? I can access all the VST's via my midi keyboard, but would like to be able to use a couple of them without having to use a computer all the time. There are a couple of good bass VST's within Mixcraft. Any help would be great.

Reaction score
Hi all, would anyone know if it is possible to load selected vst's from a DAW, being Mixcraft Pro Studio, onto a USB to be then used in an external VST player? I can access all the VST's via my midi keyboard, but would like to be able to use a couple of them without having to use a computer all the time. There are a couple of good bass VST's within Mixcraft. Any help would be great.
I purchased the V MACHINE. It works well for what I need to do. Would just like to use a couple of the bass VST's that are in Mixcraft. Maybe they are locked into Mixcraft and cannot be copied to a USB. Regards. Geoff

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
What are the names of the virtual instruments in Mixcraft-- not the names of the individual presets, but the names of the plug-ins associated with those presets? If you aren't sure, select a preset that you're interested in, then click on "Show Details." In the bottom half of the expanded window, what does it say under "Synth"?

Many of the virtual instruments in Mixcraft are third-party plug-ins, so you might be able to install those on the V MACHINE by copying their DLL files.

As for the ones that actually do belong to Acoustica-- Acoustica Instruments, Acoustica Expanded Instruments, Acoustica Studio Drums, and Pianissimo-- I haven't checked to see if they have DLL files that can be copied; but even if they can, they might not work unless they're properly registered in the computer's registry.

Reaction score
What are the names of the virtual instruments in Mixcraft-- not the names of the individual presets, but the names of the plug-ins associated with those presets? If you aren't sure, select a preset that you're interested in, then click on "Show Details." In the bottom half of the expanded window, what does it say under "Synth"?

Many of the virtual instruments in Mixcraft are third-party plug-ins, so you might be able to install those on the V MACHINE by copying their DLL files.

As for the ones that actually do belong to Acoustica-- Acoustica Instruments, Acoustica Expanded Instruments, Acoustica Studio Drums, and Pianissimo-- I haven't checked to see if they have DLL files that can be copied; but even if they can, they might not work unless they're properly registered in the computer's registry.
Thanks Michael, It is Acoustica Instruments, and the preset is acoustic bass. There are 15 different bass guitar instruments under this group. I cannot seem to locate the DLL for them.

Reaction score
Thanks Michael, It is Acoustica Instruments, and the preset is acoustic bass. There are 15 different bass guitar instruments under this group. I cannot seem to locate the DLL for them.
I managed to locate and load the extension DLL file into the V MACHINE, and it shows as acoustica instruments, but it wont select any presets from that. No too sure why as yet.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
How are you trying to select the presets from the DLL?

Reaction score
How are you trying to select the presets from the DLL?
In the library of the V MACHINE program on the desktop. I think maybe they can only be accessed within mixcraft. I can load other VST's into the program and they work fine, just the Mixcraft ones are giving trouble.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
It may be that they can only be accessed through Mixcraft.

However, the three Acoustica virtual instrument sets don't have any user interface screen that I know of, so it may also be that they're "working" but you can't see anything when you select them. (But then, I'm unfamiliar with how the V MACHINE works, so I don't even know if you can see anything when you select other DLLs.) The presets in the Acoustica instruments have specific Bank Select and Program Change numbers associated with them, so you may just need to send the correct messages that choose the preset you want to use. The one you mentioned ("Acoustic Bass") is Bank 0, Program 32, so you would send Bank Select MSB 0, Bank Select LSB 0, and Program Change 32.

Reaction score
Thanks Michael for the help. Getting around it gradually, it plays free vst's that are quite useful for my needs. Just a keyboard question, each time I switch on the PSR EW400, I have to switch the STYLE on, and KEYBOARD off to suit my setup. Is there any way to save these in memory, or is it an ''every time'' thing? Regards. Geoff

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
Unfortunately, those settings aren't saved in Registration Memory, nor are they saved in Backup Memory, so you'll need to change those settings as desired each time you turn on the keyboard.

Reaction score
Unfortunately, those settings aren't saved in Registration Memory, nor are they saved in Backup Memory, so you'll need to change those settings as desired each time you turn on the keyboard.
Thank Michael, thought that was the case.

Ask a Question