Using Karaoke Files

Reaction score
Hi All ... in a former life I did some DJing and have a BUNCH of old karaoke files. These files are in a zipped format. The zipped file contains an MP3 file of the audio track and a (my old memory has failed me but I think the file type is something like cdg) file that contains the lyrics. I believe that some of the Korg Arrangers will play MP3+G files. I will need to find a program that will convert the zipped files to MP3+G format. My question is, is anyone using MP3+G files and how do they work? Thanks.

Reaction score
I've used a few on my Korg Pa3x. A couple I found online and I've also found a free program to make your own CDG+mp3 from any mp3.
The way it works on my Korg is that the mp3 and the CDG text file just need to be in the same folder with exactly the same name and it will work. Legibility on the Pa3x was not particularly great - it is readable and changes along with the music but the resolution on the Pa3x is just so so. Maybe the newer Pa4x or 1000 is better.

Reaction score
Yeah, they worked on my 700 but the screen resolution is rubbish, but I am nit sure what the current model has by way of video output, it used to be phono so you could check and output it to a larger screen.

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies. I was hoping the video would be better on a small screen but it sounds like it isn’t.

Korg changed the video out port on recently manufactured PA700s (and maybe other models too) from an RCA composite video port to an hdmi port. I don’t know if that means the video signal will be at a higher resolution or not.

Ask a Question