V Accordion and Wireless MIDI

Reaction score
I have been using wireless MIDI on my V Accordion. The Midi Jet has been my most successful. Has anyone else have experience on wireless Midi module?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
No, but I'm interested in trying out wireless MIDI one of these days! :)

I must admit that I'm confused about the MIDIjet Pro. It looks like a pair of them-- one transmitter and one receiver, each having a single MIDI port-- costs $450. I see the word "bidirectional" mentioned, but if each unit has a single MIDI port, how is that bidirectional? Wouldn't you need to buy a second pair for another $450 to get bidirectional communication between two MIDI devices?

Reaction score
Most newer keyboards/VAccordion, have one bidirectional midi plug especially the new fr4x Roland accordion. Midi jet offers a
Bidirectional adapter, which is like a Y plug. One for transmitter and other for receiver. If you look up pin out of a midi jack, a certain pin transmits and another receives. In my case I use a standard single midi cable on my VAccordion which I only transmit.

John Garside

JohnG
Reaction score
Hi Michael, the two way communication requires a special cable. (Patchman Music.)
I'm guessing it's like one of the Atari 520 MIDI ports, which used pins 4, 5 and 2 for one direction, then 1,3 and 2 for the other. So the cable breaks out one plug into two sockets.

We posted simultaneously keyman.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Thank you! I'm learning something new every other day. (I slouch off on in-between days!)

Ask a Question