Velocity problem

Reaction score
Hi, I am trying to have the first beat of a style in bonus ware ( Te Pego ) which I am told is reggae. I need to raise the sound of the first beat. I have found the way in but need to find info how it's done. Can anyone advise please.

Attachments

• snip 1.JPG
    snip 1.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 109
  • snip 2.JPG
    snip 2.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 105
  • snip 3.JPG
    snip 3.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 107

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
You're trying to increase the volume or loudness of the initial beat-- like 1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.?

If so, that should be controlled by the velocity of the Note event for that beat.

The third screenshot seems to show a velocity of 64, but I don't know if that's the velocity of an actual Note event, or just some sort of default initial value.

I also can't tell whether 64 is supposed to be a decimal value or hexadecimal value.

The maximum velocity (or volume) for a Note event is 127 in decimal notation, or 7F in hexadecimal notation. See if you can increase the velocity of that (Note?) event at position 001.01.000.

Reaction score
HI SeaGtGruff, thanks for your feedback, I am quite a novice in this area, but trying to learn. I have had a chat with a mate who thinks I need to be in Event View but does not have a Korg at this time. I will keep reading and searching. Dave

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
That sounds likely, although I haven't looked at the manual to see what functions are available, or what they're called. "Event view" usually means a text listing of the MIDI events in a song, style, MIDI track, etc.

Reaction score
Hello again SeaGtGruff, thanks for the feedback. I think I will leave this on the back burner for now, and return when I have learnt more of the workings of the pa 1000. Dave

Reaction score

Ask a Question