Very new to this Forum

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum.
My name is PierVito from Brooklyn, NY. I have a lovely PSR3000 Yamaha keyboard.
I have been copying my music to a cd player; and eventually to a CD.
Now with the lesser use of CD's, I want to record directly to a USB stick. Which is connected to USB to Device in back of keyboard.
This sounds like an easy task but....After I go through the process (according to the factory manual, the screen still and always says "NEEDS TO FORMAT".
I hope someone can help me figure out why I can't format the USB driver on the keyboard.
Thank you very much

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Considering how old the keyboard is I have to ask what class FLASH memory stick you are using and how big is the capacity.

Check your manual for the maximum size stick allowed.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Hi Gary, Thanks for answering my plight. Yamaha told me to get a Verbatism 4GB Flash USB drive.
That's what I did. But still cannot format the stick. I bought the psr3000 in 2015 and it services it purpose well.
If you have any other ideas or comments, I will appreciate it very much.
Piervito

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Verbatim sticks often ship with a hidden partition and shovelware that can muck things up on a keyboard.

Plug it into a computer and use a partitioning tool to wipe out all the partitions and format it to FAT32.

THEN, put it in your keyboard and format it with the keyboard utility.

This should take care of the problem.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question