Very strange midi problem: stuck in highest octave [Evolution MK-249C]

Reaction score
Hello,

I've just encountered a very strange MIDI issue with my keyboard. Regardless of any note I play, it is sending a very high note from the highest octave. EG if I play middle C, I get the highest C possible. If I then play any C on the keyboard, I still get the same highest C. The same goes for any other note.

Pressing every note on the entire keyboard in sequence sounds like you're looping over the notes in the top octave. Its so ridiculously high, I've had to transpose my hardware synth down a couple of octaves just to make it bearable to listen to.

I've tried powering off and on the keyboard. Powering off/on the equipment it is connected to, and still the problem persists. Very bizare!

I've tried googling this but I only seem to get results for "stuck" notes, which is not the case here.

I've ruled out the issue being with my hardware synth as I'm able to "audition" the note directly on the synth.

Any thoughts as to what this might be would be greatly appreciated!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Have you tried it with a computer based virtual synth or only with a hardware synth module?

See if you get the same result with a software synth.

Ask a Question