Video - Piano Cover of Pink Floyd's Nobody Home

Reaction score
I get asked about this one a lot at shows. So I thought it would be a good one to dip my toe in the water for my first ever self-recording.

Tried to make it very clear what I'm doing with my fingers so others can go to school on it if they wish. I never play it the same way twice but this is a fair representation of how it usually comes out on stage.

For those interested, it was done on a Krome 61 - using the untweaked German Dark Grand patch.

Oriane Lima

Hold on
Reaction score
Wow !!! Cowboy, a flawless performance! The way you arranged the chords, using all those inversions, containing the melodic notes, almost unchanging, of place, and which delicately reinforced the rhythm of the left hand, formed a perfect harmony for this beautiful song. I'm your fan, Cowboy.:)

Reaction score
Ray, Dee, Oriane, very kind words, thank you.

Ray - glad you like the sound. I'm a fan of the Korg piano sounds too although I rarely use the Krome for piano these days due to its fairly marginal action. However it was a lot easier to lug it into my office than my digital piano, so that's the one I chose!

Oriane - I can't take too much credit for the arrangement as it's very close to the original. It's also not quite "flawless" as there's a couple of little flubs and the tempo is not as strict as I'd like, but I do appreciate the compliment. It's certainly close enough to what I was trying to achieve, and I'm pleased that you like it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wow !!! Cowboy, a flawless performance! The way you arranged the chords, using all those inversions, containing the melodic notes, almost unchanging, of place, and which delicately reinforced the rhythm of the left hand, formed a perfect harmony for this beautiful song. I'm your fan, Cowboy.:)

I'll second that! :D That was awesome. Great playing :)

Reaction score
I get asked about this one a lot at shows. So I thought it would be a good one to dip my toe in the water for my first ever self-recording.

Tried to make it very clear what I'm doing with my fingers so others can go to school on it if they wish. I never play it the same way twice but this is a fair representation of how it usually comes out on stage.

For those interested, it was done on a Krome 61 - using the untweaked German Dark Grand patch.

Love Floyd, and this sounds like it's from the heart. Cool work

Reaction score

nice, how'd I miss this? You're killin me. That used to practically be my theme song 35 years ago. I had to learn it from the sheet and I had the whole album on sheet. I would play that on an 1895 upright I restored and had at concert pitch and had the bass stepped up a bit. That piano had an eerie deep sound and the bass was awesome. I loved that piano :(

Reaction score
Thanks Al, glad you enjoyed it.

Sounds like your piano was pretty special. What happened to it?
Well I was young and unstable and a renter and had to move and I thought the owner wanted it so I left it but they actually destroyed to remove it. That's crazy. It was prettiest virgin white oak and I spent a lot of time refinishing it. The wood alone would be worth a small fortune today.

Ask a Question