Violins ?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If I might try a suggestion?

Perhaps if you played it using an orchestral string section voice instead of a a solo violin it would come across as richer and deeper and less like a 12 year old's violin recital :)

I mean you no fault on the execution and precision of your playing, but it needs more "oomph!" :)

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Hi Gary,

What you said is exactly right and thats why I do not like Violins, I think a reall Violin played by a real person played with expression and a good arrangement would sound fine, but played by a moderate player who dos not like the intstrument from a Keyboard the outcome was as you said lacked umphh and on my part perdictable, but you know what they say ? god loves a tryer

Brian:D

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Hey Brian,
You know what I think . . The arrangement of yours showed perfect timing and the violin sound is just perfect for that mellow tune. But as Gary said . . Your playing of it lacked oomph and maybe add some horns or woodwind to enhance it.
btw . The violin is a powerful instrument and I personally rate it high on my list. So we disagree on that one.
The video you made is superb. Love your work. Keep up the good work.
Cheers

Reaction score
Hi Ray,

Thanks for your comments I do appreciate the feed back, and looking back your right some more instruments would have help lift it a little but to be honest I dont think my heart was truely in it one this one, so lots of lessons to be learned.

Brian

scullen

Converts oxygen into carbon dioxide.
Reaction score
One of the problems with romplers is that the samples are general in nature. It's difficult to translate the articulations of a violin when played on a keyboard.

A real violin and violin soloist will play with more passion and dynamics. If you listen carefully, the imperfections (like squeaks on the edges of some notes) give a solo violin some of it's realism and fire. Also, a soloist will use more vibrato and will vary it more over the course of a song or piece of music.

Last edited:

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I have just posted a track at Becky's thread . ".what are you listening to now "
The violin being a powerful instrument . . Quoting myself.
check out "Tempest"

Treat yourself and switch over to Becky's thread.

The violin is a powerful instrument and I personally rate it high on my list

Reaction score
Nice job on that, one recommendation, the phrasing in the verse is a little late IMO, so it doesn't jump out as much as it could. Also, at least for myself, I like to use orchestration when I can in my songs, and finding a harmony to lay down on top of the melody helps to fill it out, maybe adding some background chordal strings as well. I've been working on a song for weeks now, and there are a few examples of the string harmonies I'm referring to. I think it will be done soon, and then you can see what I like to do with the string harmonies. We're all learning here, I'm not a great piano player but have a very good ear for harmony and melody and that's what works for me with my music. Still I say good job, and it's good to share and get some feedback on what you are working at learning and achieving.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbmusichelp

Latest Threads