Virtual Keyboard, Software + keyboard = many voices

Reaction score
Hi,
I don't own a sythesiser, or poses the know how to program one for a show that I have coming up in ten days.
I was wondering if it would be possible to link one of my stage pianos to my laptop with a USB or MIDI cable and download a program which would then provide the voices.

I've found several free programs which do this but I also need to find a large aray of voices (for Seussical the musical) and line them up so that I can cue from one to another instantly.

I was considering liscensing RMS's Keyboard Patch Soloution which looks perfect although I'd rather invest a bit more money so that I can do it myself in the long run.

My Laptop runs well and has low latency, although I don't have any specific sound card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks, Matt

Reaction score
I use this kind of setup, you can see my post in the "midi" section :) But i would really recommend buying some kind of audio interface - it doesn't need to be too expensive. Also, MIDI connection is a better connection than usb imo. You should also consider using a DAW (cubase, protools, logic, live, FL, or whatever), in order to line up all the tracks.

Ask a Question