Virus Indigo Version 2 Keyboard: Action?

Reaction score
Bach

From a review by Gordon Reid with Sound on Sound:

"Of the relatively inconsequential criticisms, one was physical: I disliked the position of the modulation and pitch-bend wheels. I still do. Given Access's desire to make the Indigo as compact as possible, I understand the need for this; I just don't like it. More significantly, I complained about the (lack of) quality of the keyboard, particularly when compared with the far superior Virus Keyboard. I have bad news and good news here. Firstly, the Indigo 2's keyboard still feels cheap to me. However, it now responds to aftertouch as well as velocity.

I'm a devoted advocate of aftertouch, partly because I find it far more expressive than any other modulation controller, and partly because my 'other' hand is always occupied with other tasks. So, although the keyboard on the Indigo 2 remains rather lightweight for my tastes, I am delighted by the addition of channel pressure and its associated parameters. This makes the Indigo 2 expressive in exactly the way that the Indigo wasn't, removing it from the 'very nice, but no thanks' category and placing it within the far superior 'very nice; how much does it cost?' class."

For the full review, see:

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/Oct02/articles/accessindigo2.asp

Sounds like it is probably not weighted at all, but that is typical for this type of unit, where keyboard feel is not usually a major criteria. Very nice looking unit. Appears to be well made with some really interesting features.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Bach

From a review by Gordon Reid with Sound on Sound:

"Of the relatively inconsequential criticisms, one was physical: I disliked the position of the modulation and pitch-bend wheels. I still do. Given Access's desire to make the Indigo as compact as possible, I understand the need for this; I just don't like it. More significantly, I complained about the (lack of) quality of the keyboard, particularly when compared with the far superior Virus Keyboard. I have bad news and good news here. Firstly, the Indigo 2's keyboard still feels cheap to me. However, it now responds to aftertouch as well as velocity.

I'm a devoted advocate of aftertouch, partly because I find it far more expressive than any other modulation controller, and partly because my 'other' hand is always occupied with other tasks. So, although the keyboard on the Indigo 2 remains rather lightweight for my tastes, I am delighted by the addition of channel pressure and its associated parameters. This makes the Indigo 2 expressive in exactly the way that the Indigo wasn't, removing it from the 'very nice, but no thanks' category and placing it within the far superior 'very nice; how much does it cost?' class."

For the full review, see:

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/Oct02/articles/accessindigo2.asp

Sounds like it is probably not weighted at all, but that is typical for this type of unit, where keyboard feel is not usually a major criteria. Very nice looking unit. Appears to be well made with some really interesting features.

Thank you.

Ask a Question