Virus lockdown.

Reaction score
Here in the UK most streets are deserted, people are told to only go out if they have to. Either going to work (if they are lucky enough to still be working), and one visit (alone, shouldn't take anyone with you) to the food or chemist shops. It's a strange almost Sci-Fi movie feeling!

7.30pm last night neighbours throughout the UK, Scotland and Wales peered outside their front doors (many for the first time in 2 weeks) to clap and cheer our beloved NHS workers. It was a brief moment of solidarity and kindness one normally only see's in a war time situation.
As for my work. Well I do (sorry- did) the occasional live gig playing Keyboard and I also taught guitar. When I wasn't doing that I ran two large martial art schools. All of which have shut down along with my income!!

Throughout the UK there are more businesses shut than open, their workers laid off with no pay, as are zero contract workers etc. Over a million people have now applied for financial help under the 'universal credit' scheme which is struggling to cope.

Due to most firms shutting down most families are (or have a member) in isolation at home, many of which are full of kids because there's no school (except for key workers).

To retain my students (both martial arts and music) I'm trying to teach on-line, but it doesn't come natural to me, and involves new techniques and skills I'm having to learn quickly. I guess its a case of 'evolve or go under' attitude. Being self employed I'm having to wait until June to receive any income from the state, the amount depends on a percentage of my Tax returns. So fingers crossed I get something in two months time!

This isn't intended as a sob post. I thought 'non UK members' may be interested in what's happening in the UK at the moment. By all reports Mainland Europe has had it much worse. To our American friends I hope for all your sakes Trump gets his act together!
Regards and best wishes to you all.
JE

Ask a Question