Viscount Intercontinental Piano 7

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had information on the Piano 7. I recently purchased one, and am in the process of restoring. That, and a Doric portable organ. Both are constructed in Italy and have fantastic tone. I am interested in any information on the Intercontinental Piano 7. It is heavy, with a hidden built-in speaker, and early synth-sounding tremolo effect. If anyone has photographs or has owned one, let me know. The Doric is a workhorse, Farfisa-style electronic organ, and I had to change the AC jack to take the US electrical plug. Thank you.

Reaction score
Doric Organ, chrome stand and stand carry case. DORIC 1.jpgDORIC 2.jpgDORIC 4.jpgDORIC 5.jpgDSC01901.JPGDORIC TOP, CHROME STAND CASE.jpgDSC01904.JPGIt was purchased in Italy in apx 1963, a one-owner keyboard. It had zero hours as it came with the Euro electrical plug and no adapter. I converted to US 110 volt electrical supply, and am working on getting it tuned. Sounds like Elvis Costello and the Attractions Vox style of organ. Note the plaid lining for the chrome hardware carry case!

Reaction score
Intercontinental Piano 7 (Viscount / Italy). Not sure of age, but likely 1969-72 era. Weighted keys, with great action. Has anyone any information on this piano? Servicing tips, any info is appreciated. The piano tones are rich, very "analog" sounding. Carry case / lid built in with this model, but I did not end up with the stand or "pedal". If anyone can recommend a pedal that would work with such a keyboard, that would be great. It is a 1/4 jack, at back. Also, for what purpose would Viscount have installed a 1/4" aux input, for a keyboard? Thanks. IMG_0006.JPGIMG_0007.JPGIMG_0008.JPGIMG_0011.JPG

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Henge. I admire your chutzpah in restoring these vintage keyboards. Way beyond my own technical skills I think, but regarding the aux input on the piano it may have been either a guitar or mic input to run thru the keyboard effects processor and mixer or else it may possibly have been a poorly labeled footswitch or cc pedal input.

Either way I would open it up and check the circuit to see if it's a switching circuit or an audio mixer input to make sure before I plugged anything into it just to make sure you don't blow out a circuit.

At times like this it's nice to have a service manual. I assume that you've googled to see if any are out there already?

Gary

Reaction score
Thanks, Gary. I did see a reference online to the aux input on the Viscount, but no service manual yet. Your guess is probably right, to run a mic or some other instrument through the system, to play out of the onboard speaker! I don't plan to use it until I figure it out. First off, I have to make sure the power supply is good, then I will work backward from that. It looks like a newer conversion to 110, similar to what I did with the Doric. The tone is worth the effort, I can assure you, as there is no equivalent that these ancient machines produce.

Ask a Question