Vocal track mixs with midi sequences

Reaction score
Im not sure about anyone else but its always drove me crazy when a midi sequence mix turns out nice but sounds empty when the lead lryic track is just a weak sounding piano track or flute ,sawtooth lead ect....blah, on a whim i thought would it be possible to mix in the actual vocal track? AFter a few trys it was sort of a learning curve, trying to get the correct tempos to mesh up with each other, transposing the instrumentals to the correct key, getting the mix balance right ect,,. I source the vocal acapella master tracks for songs on sound cloud or you tube..theres quite a few available..
I cue up everything by ear and mix the intrumentals and voice track manualy with a external mixer and record them in real time play back,normaly takes about 10 or 12 takes before i nail it, hehe 1 1/4 note off and it throws things all out of wack,, the first 2 songs i tried were so so , wernt spot on but was close. The other ones ive done have been spot on, I like the challange of doing this, its time consuming but I luv it when it all comes together!. ill start with posting the first 2 i tried , no specific genre, just random songs that i thought would have good potential... feed back always welcome thanks...

Last edited:
Reaction score
This one turned out nearly perfect, my niece thought it was a MP3 lol..I kid u not it was all yamaha on the instrumentals, the vocal track was on you tube, the intial midi file was all defualted to 01 grand piano, what a mess.. ( note turn the Bass down first on this one, importing it to you tube seems to bump up the Bass for some reason )

Reaction score
This one also turned out pretty darn good, I had to pause step the instrumental right at the beginning I could already tell it was a click fast.... ooops.

Last edited:

Ask a Question