Voices for SX 900 in SX 600

Reaction score
Hello all! This is my first post here, so kindly be patient with me.
I recently purchased a SX 600 and while am thoroughly enjoying the keyboard, there are some things that are really disheartening me.
Let me explain. I have been trying to load an Indian pack into the keyboard with the Yamaha Expansion Manager. Now this voices and styles pack is available for the Yamaha SX 900, SX 700 and the SX 600 as well. But the most bugging part is, somehow ALL of the voices shown in the list are not being loaded into the SX 600, but only a few.
But again, we have the liberty of loading ALL of the voices if it's a SX 900 or SX 600! Perhaps Yamaha deliberately did this so as not to cannibalise it's costlier models.
Now my question is, "Can all of the Indian tones intended for the SX 900 be loaded into the SX 600??" I just need the voices, NOT the styles!!
Please help me out, all ye good people out there if there would be any workarounds!!!

Thanks a ton in advance!!

Reaction score
...."But again, we have the liberty of loading ALL of the voices if it's a SX 900 or SX 600"...

IT should be "SX 900 or SX 700"!

Sorry for the typo!

Reaction score
There is a miserly 20MB of available internal memory inyour 600.

Does that give you an idea of why you can only load some of the sounds?

As Gary states, you get what you pay for.

If the 600 had more available memory why then would anyone spend vastly more cash on the next models?

Reaction score
Oh!! And now I just realised I really did goof up big time, when choosing this model over the SX 700 just to save a few $!. Well then, back this SX 600 goes then, and am all up for the SX 700 now. Thanks much for your revert! Much appreciated!!

Reaction score
Do checkout if the SX700 has or can import the sounds you desire.

Do also checkout a Korg Pa700 Oriental as that includes as standard an Eastern collection of sounds plus extra pitch controls.

Reaction score
Do checkout if the SX700 has or can import the sounds you desire.

Do also checkout a Korg Pa700 Oriental as that includes as standard an Eastern collection of sounds plus extra pitch controls.
The SX 700 DOES load ALL the times I desire!!✌️

Ask a Question