Volume out for Juno DS88

Reaction score
Is there a way to get the overall volume for the different sounds ie: organ , piano, synth sounds, etc for the Juno DS88 without going into each file and changing them,?

I am in a band and whenever I change sounds the volumes are all different so it is hard to mix.

Eric

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
You answered your own question. Volume has to be adjusted for each patch/performance individually.

I've never seen a keyboard in my life that normalizes every patch with a magic button :p

Gary ;)

Reaction score
You answered your own question. Volume has to be adjusted for each patch/performance individually.

I've never seen a keyboard in my life that normalizes every patch with a magic button :p

Gary ;)
This.....

I spent beaucoup hours on my PC3 leveling the sounds. Haven't see a keyboard yet where everything is volume leveled program to program.

Reaction score
Is there a way to get the overall volume for the different sounds ie: organ , piano, synth sounds, etc for the Juno DS88 without going into each file and changing them,?
Keep in mind that piano and organ sounds can never be even in volume, because piano/EP get louder and softer depending on how hard you hit the keys, and organ does not. (So for example, if you matched an organ sound to piano played softly, it would no longer be in balance when switching from a piano played loudly, and vice versa.)

Since organ has no dynamics, the player typically manipulates the volume with a pedal. If you don't have a pedal set up for your organ playing, then the organ will always be at its maximum programmed level. So you can a pedal and use that (like an organ player) to assure that you are not playing organ at 100% of its programmed (max) volume 100% of the time, OR you can edit the patches to adjust the volume of your preferred organ sounds to levels that you prefer, but there's no "right" setting for what that might be.

Ask a Question