Volume splitting on a Yamaha PSR-E373 digital keyboard.

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm having trouble with my new keyboard (as above). I'm antique and decided to relearn piano with a digital keyboard. The owner's manual is pretty good but misses things or I can't find them.
I have a few problems which I hope can be solved with the help of you good people.
The first is splitting volume on each side of keyboard. When I use ACMP I can hardly hear the piano voice on the right side. I've been googling for ever and I do have a saved video which says how to do it but I think it is not telling me the correct steps or at least in the correct order. I can't get it to work for me.
I also have trouble with selecting different voices for left and right, same as with ACMP.

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks.....Gerry

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Yamaha's PSR-E keyboards usually have a "Style Volume" setting in the Function menu that controls the overall volume of the style. The default value is normally 100, but you can turn it down if the style playback is too loud.

If you want to set the voice for the left-hand side-- the "Split Voice"-- you should select the right-hand voice first, because each right-hand voice usually has a left-hand voice which is selected by default, such that selecting a left-hand voice first and then selecting a right-hand voice will most likely wipe out your selection. But once you've selected a right-hand voice, you can safely select a left-hand voice.

Then you can use the "Main Volume" and "Split Volume" functions to separately control the volumes for the right-hand and left-hand voices as desired.

Reaction score
Thanks SeaGt....I'm still not quite getting it. Things don't seem to hold. There must be something I'm just not doing right or in the correct steps. I'll keep working. There is one video I got off youtube but again he goes through it all and I though "At last" but in the final step he doesn't tell how to save those settings, even to just play for the time. He more or less goes through And sets the ACMP, style, voice, tempo etc and then registers that in memory (which is good, because I will want to do that with some favorites) but I don't seem to be able to just set certain functions and have them stay in place for a while.
I'm still really mucking around but need the separate volumes before I can go any further. I'll keep working on it. Might even call into the place I bought it from. They are all musicians of course.

Ask a Question