Vortex wireless 2 - change midi channel for upper/lower

Reaction score
Can I not use the keyboard itself to change the midi channel for the upper/lower functions? default they are midi ch1 and 2 and I want to be able to change midi channels on the fly so I can select different instruments in my sound module without program changes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I think i may have figured it out. I didn't understand the fact that the unit can store 25 presets and with each one you can pre-program (using the software) what midi channel is assigned to upper and lower. Then in stand-alone mode, I can easily call up any preset using the up/down on the display.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Problem solved. Wallet at ease. Congratulations! :D

Thanks for posting your own solution for the next guy.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Good evening guys, how are you?
I've only had my Vortex 1 for a while but I've already managed to edit interesting things.
Is it possible to configure a button on it where I can change MIDI channels? For example, I'm on channel 1 and I want to activate channel 2, and so on. Is there a toggle switch where I can select which channel I want to use?
That's because on my synthesizer, channel 1 is piano, channel 2 is organ, channel 3 is strings, etc...

Hugs and thanks

Ask a Question