Vox Humana

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
First of all, could you clarify what you are asking about-- that is, are you asking about the pipe organ stop that resembles the human voice, or about a synth patch that resembles the human voice, or about some characteristic sound from the Kenny Loggins album, or something else?

Reaction score
First of all, could you clarify what you are asking about-- that is, are you asking about the pipe organ stop that resembles the human voice, or about a synth patch that resembles the human voice, or about some characteristic sound from the Kenny Loggins album, or something else?
Synth patch mainly Gary Numan Polymoog sound.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I think most "all-purpose" ROMpler keyboards have at least one Vox Humana voice in their preset voices, which may or may not sound like the specific Polymoog sound you're looking for.

For instance, the Yamaha PSR-E463 and its predecessors have a voice that's specifically named "Vox Humana," as well as other voice-like or choir-like synth tones. The PSR-E363 has this same "Vox Humana" voice, but I haven't checked to see whether its predecessors had it. On the other hand, the PSR-E263 doesn't have this "Vox Humana" voice, but does have some of the other voice-like or choir-like tones.

The Roland GO:KEYS doesn't have a voice that's specifically named "Vox Humana," but has four voices with "Vox" in their names-- "Vox Pad," "SynVox," "Digi-vox Syn," and "Solo Vox"-- as well as other voice-like or choir-like tones.

Those are just some of the inexpensive keyboards that have "Vox Humana" or similar voices; the more expensive keyboards should also have these types of voices. If you're interested in a specific keyboard or synth, you can look in its voice list to see what its preset voices include, although a true synth should also let you patch together your own "Vox Humana" types of voices.

Ask a Question