VR09B Volume problem

Reaction score
Today, I plugged in my new VR-09. I’m hoping this is going to provide me with some good organs and halfway decent pianos when I play classic rock. But while listening to the various sounds I noticed that the volume in the organ section is extremely loud when compared to the pianos and synths. For example, when the “Level” slider is on 2 for the organ section, the organ is still louder than the pianos and synths with their respective volumes on 10 or 12. I get the same result whether playing through an amp or headphone. I have a month to try this out but since the problem was so unusual, I thought I’d start asking other owners. Thanks very much for your thought.
Pete

Reaction score
Today, I plugged in my new VR-09. I’m hoping this is going to provide me with some good organs and halfway decent pianos when I play classic rock. But while listening to the various sounds I noticed that the volume in the organ section is extremely loud when compared to the pianos and synths. For example, when the “Level” slider is on 2 for the organ section, the organ is still louder than the pianos and synths with their respective volumes on 10 or 12. I get the same result whether playing through an amp or headphone. I have a month to try this out but since the problem was so unusual, I thought I’d start asking other owners. Thanks very much for your thought.
Pete
If i recall someone else wrote about the same issue in its predecessor (vr700 series). I thought the solution was to set the the correct level in the preset so that when you switched to or from organ the levels would be balanced. Not everyone pulls the drawbars out to 8, some drawbar selections are much more subtle. Advise would be to set the organ drawbars to a level you'll use 90% of the time and balance that preset with the proper level against the pianos. Remember, the level is just a number. You should be good to go....

Here's the thread i was talking about:

Reaction score
Dave,
Thanks for the quick reply and for the link to the topic. This technology is different from my other keyboards and since I had just taken it out of the box, I was concerned. I’ll take my time looking at this and listening.
Pete

Ask a Question