Vst plug in tone in keyboard

Reaction score
From what I can tell, there's not much in the keyboard that specifically facilitates using VSTs. It may depend on exactly what you mean by "use in." You can trigger a VST by having it respond to whatever MIDI channel your keyboard is sending on. You can feed sound from your computer into the 1/8" stereo Aux In jack on the Yamaha if you want to hear its sound through the keyboard's speakers. You can send a Program Change by embedding the command into a Song.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
If you mean adding VST sounds to your keyboard's voices, there are sampling programs that make it easier to sample sounds for all MIDI notes, at different velocities, and you can create a soundfont from the samples, then import the soundfont into the Yamaha Expansion Manager to create a new user voice. I have no knowledge or experience related to any of that, but I believe there are Yamaha "power users" who like to do that sort of thing.

Ask a Question