VycroMX

Reaction score
May I know what's the difference between the free version and the full version of VycroMX software which is used to edit the performances of Yamaha MX?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
The full version is now free. I forget what the older free version lacked, but you ought to get the full version, and it shouldn't cost you anything. :)

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I downloaded it last month. So I might have the latest version, right? I am almost going to a buy a Yamaha MX61. I believe I'm making a wise decision.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
There are a few other threads that talk about the MX synths, so check those if you haven't already for links to some additional voices or Performances that you can download for free.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
Certainly! I had to search for it, so you probably wouldn't have found it just by browsing thread titles.

Reaction score
Sir, somebody told me that I can't seamlessly switch between patches using part select button in MX, ie, without having the sustained note getting cut off. The note will get cut only if I switch to another 'performance' and not a 'part' right? Or am I wrong?

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
That sounds backwards to me. EDIT: Sorry, I think I misread your comment. Yes, I think you have it right.

A performance contains 16 parts-- normally associated with each of the 16 MIDI channels-- although you might not need to use all 16 parts. If you're playing notes with one of the parts, you can sustain those notes and then switch to playing a different part. In that scenario, the notes sustained with the old part can continue to sound without any interruption as you play with the new part.

However, if you're playing notes with one of the parts and sustain them, then switch to a different performance, the synth will need to load all of the new voice selections, voice parameter settings, effects selections, and effects parameter settings for the 16 parts of the new performance. I believe this will usually cause the synth to cut off the notes being sustained from the first performance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbmusichelp

Latest Threads