Want to expand my keyboard! Old Dog! Casio WK-3700

Reaction score
Hello from Northern Michigan! I have been playing keyboards for a few years now (self taught)! I was a drummer for over 30 years. Illness put a stop to that. So I have taught myself to play keys. I play once a week at area retirement homes to bring the memories back of Doo Wop -Old Country and swing! I play a Casio WK-3700 would love to have the new WK-7500 BUT no $$$$$$$$$. Heard that before I am sure. But my question is I really want to expand my rhyums and organ tones etc. I have the Midi to my computer and have downloaded everything from Casio. I have downloaded Anvil Studio but now am lost to find new adventures on the web. How and what do I do to get them into my keyboard?????????????? Hopefully someone will be able to help this old guy!!!!!!! Thank You!:confused::confused::confused:

Reaction score
Thank you!

Thank You Vctor for the reply! I have already got the data management downloaded. Where I am lost is where can I find the additional loops and how to get them to data management. I have downloaded everything from casio music so far onto my keybaord! Just looking for some new loops maybe like loofps from 50's rock polka's polish style and new country loops. Also can I erase some of the tones that came with the keys to make room for new onces. Thank you folks for all the info you can send me!:confused::confused::confused: The old folks are very grateful! LOL

Reaction score
I don't know what you mean by 'loops', maybe rhythms? (loops are fragments of music used by DJ or people that create electronic music in computer)

You can't erase factory tones.
The shared memory (shared for tones, rhythms, midi songs, etc.) is aprox. 3,5 MB.

You can create new styles by converting other keyboard styles to midi, and the Casio software is able to create a style from a midi file. Of course, the midi file will have to be edited.

Reaction score

Sorry folks but Yamaha to Casio Styles converter does NOT work as far as I know. I have been looking all over the place to convert my many hundreds of Yamaha styles to the Casio format for my WK7500 but no.....
If someone knows a way to do that I would love to hear about it.

The on board and downloaded accompaniment rhythms (not called loops) from the Casio Website can be loaded onto the SDcard and into the user-area (depending on the model)
All rhythms and tones can be 'tweaked' by the user and saved in user area's but the original onboard rhythms and tones can of course not be deleted.

Regards
DickR

Reaction score
Sorry folks but Yamaha to Casio Styles converter does NOT work as far as I know. I have been looking all over the place to convert my many hundreds of Yamaha styles to the Casio format for my WK7500 but no.....
If someone knows a way to do that I would love to hear about it.

The on board and downloaded accompaniment rhythms (not called loops) from the Casio Website can be loaded onto the SDcard and into the user-area (depending on the model)
All rhythms and tones can be 'tweaked' by the user and saved in user area's but the original onboard rhythms and tones can of course not be deleted.

Regards
DickR

Of course, most of them must be tweaked in a MIDI editor.
Another solution is EMC Style Works that converts styles from many keyboards.
Export as midi, edit the midi, then create a style with IDES4: convert midi to ckf.

Reaction score
Of course, most of them must be tweaked in a MIDI editor.
Another solution is EMC Style Works that converts styles from many keyboards.
Export as midi, edit the midi, then create a style with IDES4: convert midi to ckf.

Hello Vctor,

Thanks for you reply. Yes EMC Style Works does the job but it is a bit pricy for what I and most people need. I hoped that there was a more simple solution. For the rest it is not so important as the many thousands of styles available for my PSR2000 and the Casio WK7500 are more than one can wish for.:D

DickR

Reaction score
Hi DickR, try a cheap solution:
1) Take a yamaha style,
2) change it's extension from test.sty to test.mid
3) open in a midi editor.

I believe this should work with Yamaha PSR styles, don't know about Tyros.

Reaction score
Hi DickR, try a cheap solution:
1) Take a yamaha style,
2) change it's extension from test.sty to test.mid
3) open in a midi editor.

I believe this should work with Yamaha PSR styles, don't know about Tyros.

Ya have done that a few times using PSRUTI (free to download) and after some trial and error it will work eventually. Too much trouble for me however :rolleyes: unless I want a very special style to convert to my Casio.
Thanks for the advice anyway Vctor maybe others will benefit from it.

BTW all Tyros and PSR910 etc. styles in format 2 can easily be converted to the lower PSR and similar models into style format 1.
If interested got to JOSOSOFT.DK and download for free FORMAT 2 TO 1 converter. It will do the job in seconds for 1 style only or a whole folder with many styles.
For quite a few styles 'tweaking' has to be done afterwards because the high end Yamaha keyboards have unique voices and they don't excist in the lower end models.
This is for Yamaha only!

Regards
DickR

The Y_man

Reaction score
I use the WK3700 data manager to convert smf (midi) to casio rhythm file for my CTK7000. The only limitation I find with this is that it can only convert 5 channels (9,10,11,12,13) - typically 9 for Bass, 10 for drums, 11-13 for chords (i.e. 3 more instrument voices).

The Y-man

Ask a Question