Warranty information

Reaction score
Hello,

Our warranty is 1 year parts and labor. Dealers and distribution is aware and able to inform customers of our warranty. We are new to many markets and currently working with partners to adjust and improve warranty relations.

Reaction score
I am talking with them as much as they’ll let me. Some of their replies are not helpful but those could be due to a language problem, the two people I’m talking to are nice.
There are things about the AKX10 that I wish were different, my Korg PA4X retailed approx 6x the price of the Medeli so I think it’s a tremendous bargain. Does this excuse some poor sounds and an operating system that doesn’t make playing the synth any easier?
I don’t think so! Who is Medeli’s target market? I think that’s one of the problems.

Reaction score
Hello,

Our warranty is 1 year parts and labor. Dealers and distribution is aware and able to inform customers of our warranty. We are new to many markets and currently working with partners to adjust and improve warranty relations.
I meant to put the necessary quotation marks on the above and forgot to. The above came from a Medeli rep. and they skirted over my question about a written statement of warranty, I’ve addressed this again!
How many warranty cards come with synths now? My Yamaha PSR SX900 didn’t have one. My Korg PA 4x, PA700 and Krome ex didn’t.

Reaction score
There are things about the AKX10 that I wish were different, my Korg PA4X retailed approx 6x the price of the Medeli so I think it’s a tremendous bargain. Does this excuse some poor sounds and an operating system that doesn’t make playing the synth any easier?
I don’t think so! Who is Medeli’s target market? I think that’s one of the problems.
Well, according the the person I was e-mailing with back-and-forth before I asked about the warranty and he stopped responding, Takao Shirahata, Medeli's Director of Marketing...

He was in contact with and sent the AKX10 to Jeremy See so he could do the "review" (marketing demo) - and if you listen to the marketing demo he makes reference to the AKX10 being for "less-affluent economies" where they cannot afford a Yamaha and Korg.

And if you watch all of the YouTube videos with the AKX10 - you can see that is their market (at present).

Reaction score
I meant to put the necessary quotation marks on the above and forgot to. The above came from a Medeli rep. and they skirted over my question about a written statement of warranty, I’ve addressed this again!
How many warranty cards come with synths now? My Yamaha PSR SX900 didn’t have one. My Korg PA 4x, PA700 and Krome ex didn’t.
Well, Yamaha lists their warranty right in the owner's manual - and on their website.

Korg lists their warranty on their website - http://www.korgusa.com/warranty

These compaies aren't afraid to publish their warranty.

And according to the Pa4X manual:

Any KORG product not sold with a warranty card or carrying a serial number disqualifies the product sold from the manufacturer’s/distributor’s warranty and liability.

Are you sure your Korgs didn't come with a warranty card...?

Reaction score
I did not bother even looking at the paperwork that came with my Pa and Kross 2, I simple went onto the Korg website and registered ownership.

If I remember correctly Registering increased the warranty to three years.

I very much doubt if the Medeli will ever gain a strong market share in any affluent Country, its name is just not well known.

Certainly the very market in the UK that the AKX10 would appeal to is dominated by Yamaha with their E and SX series . So a newbie who started with an E series is more than likely to move on to an SX.

I hope I am wrong but with only Yamaha and Korg effectively in the sub £1100 market these two need competition.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I hope I am wrong but with only Yamaha and Korg effectively in the sub £1100 market these two need competition.
Col.

What the hell happened to Casio?

A decade ago they were putting out decent semi pro gear and putting a real dent in the big boys' sales.

I seem to recall an excellent arranger for about $1200 CDN about 5 years back.

Did they hit a wall with lack of memory for PCM sounds?

Or were they simply a victim of brand snobbery?

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Well, Yamaha lists their warranty right in the owner's manual - and on their website.

Korg lists their warranty on their website - http://www.korgusa.com/warranty

These compaies aren't afraid to publish their warranty.

And according to the Pa4X manual:

Any KORG product not sold with a warranty card or carrying a serial number disqualifies the product sold from the manufacturer’s/distributor’s warranty and liability.

Are you sure your Korgs didn't come with a warranty card...?
Yes, I’m sure. Did your’s?

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I hope Medeli pays attention to the wishes of its customers and retroactively issues a written warranty document so those of us who trusted them with our music and money will feel a little more secure.

Reaction score

A decade ago they were putting out decent semi pro gear and putting a real dent in the big boys' sales.

Gary ;)
Casio took a big step backward with the CTX sound engine. They did have a decent affordable keyboard in the CTK - I used a 7000 for awhile - when editing perimeters had a great piano.

Reaction score

Gary ;)

They well and truly lost their way.

The CTX 5000 that I bought was rubbish, keyboard feel was pretty good, sounds passable but the flaky OS absolutely dire.

The S1000 and 3000 have odd actions but agains sounds are passable but yet again the OS lets them down very badly. It was a good job that I had downloaded the manuals as I had to stand there in store trying to work out how to use the thing. The sales guys had no idea.

Roll on Winter NAMM this year and the previous taster AIX promo videos released last year culminated in an hour of live presentation by USA Casio staff (one ex Korg guy who stumbled through the presentation) of their CT S1000 and 500 models, with over 45 minutes dedicated to the very limited use vocal processing. These look more like toy keyboards for the kids than for a serious musician.

In reality in the arranger market there is only Yamaha and Korg.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Casio took a big step backward with the CTX sound engine. They did have a decent affordable keyboard in the CTK - I used a 7000 for awhile - when editing perimeters had a great piano.

I thought the CTX sound engine was supposed to be better than the sound engine used by the CTK models?

If there were problems with the CTX models, hopefully they were related more to the operating system and the quality of the parts used, since I'd think that those things should be able to be improved without having to ditch the sound engine itself.

Also, the capabilities of the sound engine shouldn't be limited by the actual sound samples used by any specific voices, so it should be possible to use better sound samples to create better-sounding CTX voices.

Reaction score
I thought the CTX sound engine was supposed to be better than the sound engine used by the CTK models?

If there were problems with the CTX models, hopefully they were related more to the operating system and the quality of the parts used, since I'd think that those things should be able to be improved without having to ditch the sound engine itself.

Also, the capabilities of the sound engine shouldn't be limited by the actual sound samples used by any specific voices, so it should be possible to use better sound samples to create better-sounding CTX voices.
I can only give my experience between the CTK-7000 and the CTX-5000 which I own. I've used both through a Bose L1 system, both have sound perimeters edited to my preference. My opinion and the opinions of 100+ parishioners I've asked in church (many probably really didn't care) - they preferred the CTK-7000 over the CTX-5000.

Ask a Question