Wasp power supply ?

Reaction score
Hi there :)
I have an Wasp synth and unfortunately I've lost the power supply...
Could anyone suggest the best suitable psu to use please ?
Many thanks, Mike

Attachments

• 750px-Electronic_Dream_Plant_Wasp_Synthesizer.jpg
    750px-Electronic_Dream_Plant_Wasp_Synthesizer.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 32
Reaction score
hmmm, 43 years old.....

I found a service manual for it and it says this: "9VDC, current limited to 500ma". No mention of barrel size for the insert into the keyboard nor whether it is center positive or center negative. It does take batteries so I would guess that it is a center positive adapter. A 300ma would probably be the correct strength (although a higher level like 500ma would not hurt it).

Service manual: https://www.synthxl.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Electronic-Dream-Plant-Wasp-Service-Manual.pdf

Owners manual: https://www.synthxl.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Electronic-Dream-Plant-Wasp-Owner-manual.pdf

If unsure of the barrel size of the adapter that connects into the keyboard you could purchase one of these and dial in the correct voltage (9V) and the correct tip that fits your unit.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Just take a machinists's caliper if you own one and measure the diameters of the barrel and the center pin to determine the proper size plug.

Then take a magnifying glass and look at the back panel near the power connector and it will tell you exactly what voltage, amperage and polarity.

Make sure you get a regulated supply.

Here's a link to one that's guaranteed to work without blowing up your synth.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BTW, I DON'T recommend a variable generic power supply. Way too easy to fry your board with one.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question