We lost Another One: Jeff Beck, Guitar Legend, Dead at 78

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score

Legendary rock guitarist Jeff Beck dies aged 78​

Beck rose to fame with the Yardbirds before fronting the Jeff Beck Group and making forays into the jazz-fusion sound he pioneered
Jeff Beck on stage in Atlanta in 2018.

Jeff Beck on stage in Atlanta in 2018. Photograph: R Diamond/Getty Images

Shaad D'Souza
@shaaddsouza
Wed 11 Jan 2023 22.01 GMT

Jeff Beck, the celebrated guitarist who played with the Yardbirds and led the Jeff Beck Group, has died aged 78, his representative has confirmed.
Beck died on Tuesday after “suddenly contracting bacterial meningitis”, the representative confirmed. “His family ask for privacy while they process this tremendous loss,” they added.

Heart full of soul: the maverick genius of Jeff Beck, the ‘guitarist’s guitarist’
Alexis Petridis
Alexis Petridis
Read more

Often described as one of the greatest guitarists of all time, Beck – whose fingers and thumbs were famously insured for £7m – was known as a keen innovator. He pioneered jazz-rock, experimented with fuzz and distortion effects and paved the way for heavier subgenres such as psych rock and heavy metal over the course of his career. He was an eight-time Grammy winner, recipient of the Ivor Novello for outstanding contribution to British music and was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame both as a solo artist and as a member of the Yardbirds.
Musicians and longtime friends began paying tribute minutes after the news broke. Gene Simmons called it “heartbreaking news … no one played guitar like Jeff. Please get ahold of the first two Jeff Beck Group albums and behold greatness. RIP.”
Ozzy Osbourne tweeted, “I can’t express how saddened I am to hear of Jeff Beck’s passing. What a terrible loss for his family, friends & his many fans. It was such an honour to have known Jeff and an incredible honor to have had him play on my most recent album.”

Jan Hammer lost a soulmate today :(

One of my top ten beloved musicians...

Gary :(

Ask a Question