Weighted keyboard/ stage piano

Reaction score
Hi. I am currently looking to buy a weighted keyboard/ stage piano type of thing, and I have no idea what to get. Right now I own a Korg Triton le (61) and a roland SH-201. I play a lot of synth and keys, but since i dont have a piano right now i am getting a lot worse. The korg has some piano sounds, but they honestly sound like shit. It is also hard to play expressively on a non weighted keyboard.
Anyways, I was thinking about buying a weighted midi controller, but like I said I hate the korg piano samples that i have. I don't need another workstation, plus that would be way too expensive. So I was thinking that a stage piano would be the way to go. I don't have a limitless budget, and I don't need a bunch of fancy sounds. I just need a piano. Any ideas on what I should buy?

Reaction score
Ive played the 300sx and it was pretty rad. Im not sure if im ready to throw down another 1000 tho haha

Reaction score
Well, from my research on 88key weighted midi controllers, you won't really find anything that isn't a 50-50 gamble on wether it will break in the first 6 months or not, so it looks like a digital piano is the way to go. Don't know much about 76 and less key weighted controllers, since I only looked at 88key models so far.

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm seriously ready to buy a stage piano very soon now. I have narrowed it down to a few choices.

Roland RD-300sx
Roland FP-4
Yamaha CP-33

Im thinking 300sx, but i still don't know. Does anyone know the difference between these, and which one I should get?

Reaction score
One thing i found is that if you keep buying on a budget you will never stop buying,
Ive finally ended up with the perfect set up for me, the nord stage 2 hammer action and the korg m3, combined they are unbeatable for what i do,
The only budget option really would be the korg m50, theres nothing wrong with the pianos on the m50 but its not weighted,

Ask a Question