Weird and wonderful . . .

Reaction score
I remember those! Back when I was first playing professionally, a few other keyboard players in bar bands actually used them. I met one guy who had a Mini moog on top of it beside his Hammond B3 and Leslie. Could never imagine carrying that rig! My back aches just thinking about it.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I remember back in my college days one night I was with the clean up crew after a dance in the cafeteria and I got roped into moving some sort of Yamaha Mini Grand Piano cause the band was too cheap to hire roadies The F*cking thing weighed at least 250-300 lbs and I and another guy almost broke our backs hauling it out to the band's truck. I think it also had some sort of harp and string arrangement inside and it was black and looked like a miniature grand piano. I think it was some sort of clavinova or something. :p

Even nowadays, my Kurzweil in its hard TSA case weighs in well over 80 lbs. I wouldn't even dream of gigging with it. The only reason I even have the case is in case I ever have to move to a new address. Furniture movers have about the same gentle ham fisted touch as your average roadie. :p

The Piano in a box that I linked above must weight in at 400 to 500 lbs. You'd need a forklift to move that thing. :p

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I remeber those. They came in a 70 key version and an 88 key one. If I remember correctly, it was the CP-70 or Cp-88.
Go and look them up and let me know if this was what you had to schlep!
Too heavy for me!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Yeah it was definitely a CP70B. The time it was current was just about right. 1980-81.

According to this thread it weighed 286.6 lbbs. :eek:

Those sons of bitches in the band didn't lift a finger to help us. :mad:

We shoulda just dropped it on the concrete floor. Woulda served the bahstids right :D

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I had just settled into a night of net TV to relax after a hard day of chasing the dragon, when all of a sudden, THIS appeared on my screen.

THIS, is a MAGICAL performance. :D :D :D :cool:

Enjoy :)

Gary ;)

Ask a Question