weird issue with Korg grandstage

Reaction score
Hi

I am experience a weird issue with my Korg grandstage 88. Since I update to firmware 2.0 every time that I turn it on I do not get any sound at all. I have power it off and power it on again to get the sound back. At the first power up all leds light up and appears to work but no sound. I've tried changing the power cable and cables to the mixer but the issue persists. Ideas? I have not tried reversing to a previous firmware because the keyboard works it is just annoying that I have to turn it on twice. I have other synths that work without issues. Thanks and stay safe.

Reaction score
Since this seems to possibly be related to the firmware upgrade, I would recommend that you contact Korg. Take Caution about trying to self explore as that has you don't want to end up "bricking" your keyboard. Best, Don

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Are you running a DAW software hookup before you shut it down?

It could be turning local mode OFF.

Check your menus for LOCAL MODE when it makes no sound. It should be switched to ON.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Actually. When you did the firmware, did you also do a factory reset afterwards?

That's usually required.

If not, it explains a lot.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I don't have an answer, but am experiencing a similar problem. My new Korg Grandstage, which came with the new 2.0 software, worked fine for about 3 months but, all of a sudden, the system fails to fully load when turned on. All the pretty Christmas lights go off, and the screen says "Loading ...." but hangs once it gets to 89% and never fully boots. -Erick Haynie

Reaction score
200.gif

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I don't have an answer, but am experiencing a similar problem. My new Korg Grandstage, which came with the new 2.0 software, worked fine for about 3 months but, all of a sudden, the system fails to fully load when turned on. All the pretty Christmas lights go off, and the screen says "Loading ...." but hangs once it gets to 89% and never fully boots. -Erick Haynie

Since the original poster never responded I suggest you send him a private message as well as contact Korg for answers.

Gary ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
My Grandstage started doing the same thing this past Friday...gets to 89% and hangs. I called Korp support, was told tech support is email only, with 3 day SLA. WTF? Emailed them, haven't heard yet.

Reaction score
My Grandstage started doing the same thing this past Friday...gets to 89% and hangs. I called Korp support, was told tech support is email only, with 3 day SLA. WTF? Emailed them, haven't heard yet.
Was told by technician at Field Services that there is a service bulletin on this: need to factory reset. Hold down SW2 and Dynamics buttons while powering up. You'll lose your presets but get your board back.

Reaction score

Hello—I’m the guy who posted about this a few months ago. I’ve been a huge Korg fan and have multiple keyboard me from them. But this was a bad situation and I have bad news for you. You will be told to take it an authorized warranty repair shop. Once you find that shop and deliver, they will diagnose. In my case, which sounds identical to yours, the diagnosis was that a new mother board was needed. That took nearly FOUR MONTHS to arrive. I took the unit into the shop in October and got the call just last week that it was finally ready (after multiple calls and a legal demand letter to Korg). So buckle up for a slow train home. I missed the entire Christmas gigging season and ended buying a Nord in the meantime because I needed a keyboard.

Ask a Question