What are channels?

Reaction score
From what I can tell from reviews, it means it can have 16 different sounds on the mixer function, basically allowing you to control nuances in how playback through the sequencer sounds, basically, hold the modifications of 16 sounds through playback.

Or it just means it can handle 16 tracks, but since it advertised that it is general midi compliant it should be able to do that anyway.

Any case, don't you have the manual for the thing? Manuals are bibles for keyboardists. I'm still referring to the manual alot despite having read through the thing a few times. If you don't have one you should be able to download it from the manufacturer's website.

*edit*

Actually, after I looked at your video tour of your keyboard(quite passionate arn't we? :p), those look like assingable channels where you can assign one of the sounds in the sound bank to each one of the channels(plus whatever effects/modifications to the sound the keyboard is capable of) to make switching between sounds for jamming and live play quicker.

Reaction score
From what I can tell from reviews, it means it can have 16 different sounds on the mixer function, basically allowing you to control nuances in how playback through the sequencer sounds, basically, hold the modifications of 16 sounds through playback.

Or it just means it can handle 16 tracks, but since it advertised that it is general midi compliant it should be able to do that anyway.

Any case, don't you have the manual for the thing? Manuals are bibles for keyboardists. I'm still referring to the manual alot despite having read through the thing a few times. If you don't have one you should be able to download it from the manufacturer's website.

*edit*

Actually, after I looked at your video tour of your keyboard(quite passionate arn't we? :p), those look like assingable channels where you can assign one of the sounds in the sound bank to each one of the channels(plus whatever effects/modifications to the sound the keyboard is capable of) to make switching between sounds for jamming and live play quicker.

Oh yeah,I forgot about the manual.:p

Ask a Question