What are you learning to play?

Reaction score
So I was curious if any of you are learning to play anything new like me :D I'm learning to play this:

... which is way above my level, but I'm taking my time and really enjoying it. I'm actually almost through it, and then I just need to gain a little more speed. Of course I'm also learning to play something more easy... What about you? ;)

Reaction score
So I was curious if any of you are learning to play anything new like me :D I'm learning to play this:

... which is way above my level, but I'm taking my time and really enjoying it. I'm actually almost through it, and then I just need to gain a little more speed. Of course I'm also learning to play something more easy... What about you? ;)

I'm working on a very simple song from the Eagles album Desperado, Saturday - simple chords with some inversions, will add guitar and bass from the keyboard, and some background guitar sounds from the keyboard, and finally my own vocal (transposed to a key I can sing). By the way, how do you find it to follow the notes being played in the diagram and transferring it over to the keyboard? For me, it's hard to see and use. Do you hit pause and check out the notes?

Reaction score
Sounds nice - do you often just choose a song and then split it up in parts and try to play the whole thing?
I do, my ability to read notes isn't yet good enough for me to be able to read the sheet music. I am working on that as well, though. This is just a for-fun side project.

Reaction score
Sounds nice - do you often just choose a song and then split it up in parts and try to play the whole thing?
I do, my ability to read notes isn't yet good enough for me to be able to read the sheet music. I am working on that as well, though. This is just a for-fun side project.

To be honest, I'm not a proficient keyboard player that plays a song all the way through by itself. I do one part at a time and then add the layers as I go. I'm not a good "live" player, I just have fun creating things as a hobby. The guitar comes easier to me as far as playing a whole song all the way through.

Reaction score
Um! 'Scuse me . . Are you doing the vocals too? :eek:
lol . . . Cowboy in a skirt:p
Both of those concepts are something no-one wants to see/hear.

I do not, repeat do not, sing. Ever. A man's gotta know his limitations. Fortunately we have a very fine female vocalist who does a great job.

Wow! That song is so convoluted!
We've done it before but it's been over a year so I'm having to re-learn it. Challenging for the guitarists too as you can imagine. Amazing track though.

Reaction score
To be honest, I'm not a proficient keyboard player that plays a song all the way through by itself. I do one part at a time and then add the layers as I go. I'm not a good "live" player, I just have fun creating things as a hobby. The guitar comes easier to me as far as playing a whole song all the way through.

That sounds awesome. Good luck with it!

Both of those concepts are something no-one wants to see/hear.
We've done it before but it's been over a year so I'm having to re-learn it. Challenging for the guitarists too as you can imagine. Amazing track though.

You've got your own band? :D

Reaction score
[QUOTE="Neutron, post: Let us hear when you are done? ;)[/QUOTE]

Well, due to changing situations I will not be able to get some real time with my Hammond until January (had to go abroad to finish my studies) but here is a video I did this spring. Not perfect but it had gotten better since then. Will probably have to start from the bottom again when I finally get to my Hammond again. https://www.facebook.com/hansfridrik/videos/vb.1299169371/10206688630716619/?type=3&theater

Reaction score

I love it! Great thread idea too.

Reaction score
Still don't have "here without you- 3 doors down" yet but working on it some. I can't get the bass notes right. Those cool little slide ups sound good even on piano or synth sounds but I've been playing it with a 12 string preset. Also doing "year of that cat." It sounds easy but I hate that main intro chord and keep forgetting it. Also been workin' on my "famous hit song" lol. Well famous here anyway even though no one has heard it yet :)

Reaction score
Never saw so many pretty girls in one place either.
One of the definite collateral benefits of playing in a rock covers band - lots of pretty girls on the dance floor. If we keep the girls dancing and the blokes drinking, it means everyone's having a great time and the bar's making money. Mission accomplished!

Ask a Question