What Computer?

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a P.C or mac to do some recording on. I don't have much cash so would be looking at second hand. I have dabbled with the idea but been put off with latency problems ect. I have always used hardware recorders and synths but would like to get set up.I have a copy of cubase LE to get started but don't want to buy something blind. Don't know much about spec's ect. I have bought a Tascam US-144 usb interface so connecting shouldn't be a problem. Please can anyone give me any advice, and PLEASE keep it simple. Many thanks.:)

Reaction score
You've got the software and the interface. A couple of hundred quid on a secondhand PC will get you going. Anything that isn't ancient will do for a few audio tracks. If you've been used to hardware recorders you'll love the "cut and paste" ease of software.

Buy "Guerrilla Home Recording" - Amazon do it.

And get a PC nerdy mate to sort out your technical stuff. Adopt one if you haven't one already.

Post back or PM me when you've seen a few second hand PCs for sale.

Ask a Question