What do I buy? Please help!!

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a relatively beginner piano player and don't have much experience.I will mostly be using the keyboard to play jazz and Funk.
I need to buy an 88 key hammer action keyboard with a large variety of sounds that are suitable for jazz. My budget is around $1000. Could anyone tell me what I should take into consideration? Any suggestions?
I have checked out the Korg Kross 88, Casio Privia PX-5s and kurzweil PC3 LE8.
I would prefer buying the korg kross 88 since it is also a workstation and it is cheaper than the kurzweil. But I read somewhere that Korgs are used for rock and the sounds are more suited for rock however i'm not sure if that is true. I would really appreciate it if you could help me out and give me some more options to look at.

Thank you so much
Behrooz

Reaction score
The Korg Kross is indeed a good choice!
Well, instruments are not based on genres of music, the opposite might hold true though.

So, dont give too much thought to your choice. Go ahead, buy that beast and make music.

Ask a Question