What does Bob Dylan play these days?

Reaction score
This a discussion going the rounds. Rumor has it that he's taken to keys and steel guitar due to arthritis (If so I completely understand). From pics and videos it looks quite a bit like a Yamaha Motif 7 although in some older times it's obviously a Korg CX. Possibly, it's just whatever depending on the band lineup?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I didn't even know he was still performing live. Last time he popped up on my Radar was maybe a decade or more ago when he was doing the occasional guest spot on Saturday Night Live.

I did pick up one of his son Jakob's CDs a few years ago though.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The only time I saw him live was the Rolling Thunder Tour with The Band back in the early 70's. Watched the show on peyote. It was a hell of a good show. :D

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Rumor has it that he's taken to keys and steel guitar due to arthritis (If so I completely understand).
Yes makes sense. I have arthritic knuckles and thumbs. Would imagine painful to play the guitar specially left hand wrapping fingers around the fret.
So my playing of the keys does not affect me at all . .no pain although other things I do can be very painful.

Now if Bob Dylan is playing keys because of Arthritis I can believe it. He can still play harmonica and sing too so all good.

Btw. The very first song I learnt to play on keyboard was "Blowin' in the Wind"

Cheers ray

Ask a Question