What has happened to this Forum???

Reaction score
'

When I first joined this forum it seemed to be a hot-bed of activity...
every day, it seemed, there were new, and interesting, posts being contributed.

I still check this forum almost daily, but it looks to me as though it's 'dried up'...

Regular contributers from the past have disappeared etc.

Recently we've had the issue of the 're-launching' of the site with a new/'improved' server, and the 'spam' posts thing too.
'Webmaster' was conspicuous by his absence - I sent a private message to him, and the reply didn't arrive for several days.

Is this just me, or do other people feel the same???

Reaction score
Same here...

Well... Its not that long a time since I joined and started posting... But I have been having the same feeling too... The forum has "dried up" a bit... I wonder why... :confused:

Reaction score
Registration of new members has been disabled because of the spam flood several weeks ago. In the past, a lot of questions came from new members (usually the "what should I purchase?" question), and we don't have new members anymore...

Reaction score
Registration of new members has been disabled because of the spam flood several weeks ago. In the past, a lot of questions came from new members (usually the "what should I purchase?" question), and we don't have new members anymore...

Well I have one question on the 3rd line, and it has been like 2 weeks or more since i opened it, and nobody has answered yet.. ????

Reaction score

so is the registration open now???

Reaction score
'

Webmaster - where are you???

This topic was posted a week ago, and still no explantion? - apart from some loyal members.

Who is looking over this forum?

I hate to say it, but I think my time on this forum is all but done.

To any other members I would reccomend you look at these other forums (as I have done) - if you don't want to grow old

waiting for interesting info!

Keyboard Magazine Forums - MusicPlayer Forums

Korg Forums :: Index

Piano World Piano Forums - Forums powered by UBB.threads

There are other forums, of course, if you google what you're looking for.

I am really sad about this, and if this forum 'rises from the ashes' I'm sure I'll be a willing contributor/reader.

I wish you all the very best.

John.

Reaction score
So, in addition to the "Introduction" forum, we now need a "Farewell" forum... ;-)

I thought of another reason why there is less threads than before: very often, the question I'm about to ask has already been answered before!

It happened to me this morning: I was about to start a new thread asking how to solve a latency problem, and I found an old thread where Sysryn talked about Asio4All: problem solved!

There may be less traffic than before, but Keyboard Forums is still very useful to me.

Reaction score
He put the ban on new members and has probably forgotten to lift it again - considering the normal time between his visits, we could be waiting some time...

I've been swamped with work and a shoddy connection for the last couple of weeks - coming back was a shock! Thanks for the links, John - I'll certainly check out KM and Piano World in future. I'll probably check back here occasionally to see if there have been any further signs of life.

Best of luck, everyone!

Moray

Reaction score
Sorry for not being here lately but i just didn't have the time between work, rehearsals and gigs...

About those bans... I haven't put a ban on someone for a looong time now, and all bans i did "give out" were timed to last a week or a month max.

Reaction score
Guess I should share in the blame, as I've not been around for awhile. It's been a crazy few months for, so much that I haven't even had time to so much as turn on my M50 more than a couple times. :mad: Really hoping I can play more and visit here more again.

Might be a good idea for there to be a co-moderator, so that when things get too busy for the only mod the forum can keep moving. I run a couple very small boards (up to 20 people), and it's a huge relief knowing I've got another person sharing the job.

Reaction score
I'd actually say the forum is alive once again :) Quite a few new members and such, I hope it'll last :)

Ask a Question