What is this cord- I need a longer verson?

Reaction score
I just got Sonus speaks for Roland Juno.. It came with attached short wire see photos.. Exposed on both ends. If I were to go on Amazon and search for exact thing longer lenght, what would the phrase or term I use for this? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_6993.jpeg
    IMG_6993.jpeg
    164.7 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_6992.jpeg
    IMG_6992.jpeg
    170.8 KB · Views: 147

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It's just standard speaker wire. Stripped and tinned at the ends with solder.

You can buy it by the reel at any Best Buy or stereo store.

The heavier the guage the more expensive it is. I recommend 12 or 14 guage as good enough for most purposes.

Don't get sucked into name brand wires that are "oxygen free" or some such nonsense. It's just an expensive marketing gimmick to drive the price up.

The ends don't have to be tinned either. You can just strip off a 1/4 inch of insulation and twist them together at the ends to insert in the connectors.

Here's a 30 foot reel that should be more than enough for your purposes.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thanks Gary, the aluminum one, would I even notice for the $100 Sonus speakers that would run about 10-11 ft?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Like I said, aluminum wire is brittle and has a tendency to break. I'd really recommend the copper.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question