What is your ultimate keyboard?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If money were no object? 1 of these, fully loaded... No question.

KAMI_hero_background__08608.1461146504.500.750.jpg

http://musiccomputing.com/

http://musiccomputing.com/kami-xl-keyboard-production-station-windows/

$19,957 USD with all the options selected :D :D :D

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Don't even dream about it unless you have a $100 Million Movie Budget. Those are the usual customers for the Music Computing's Stuff.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I don't think they make it. But let's try:

Start with what I've got: Arturia Keylab 88 controller
- change out the Fatar keybed for a Kawaii
- waterfall style keys
- Give me a K2600-style ribbon controller
- Improve the build-quality on the faders
- Ditch the endless encoders, and give me traditional pots
- I wouldn't mind a built-in sound engine with Piano, Rhodes, rudimentary B3 patch and Sawtooth lead, just for when everything else fails (it's never happened, but who knows).
- Lastly, throw in a MacBook Pro with 32GB of RAM (I'm still waiting!)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I don't think they make it. But let's try:

Start with what I've got: Arturia Keylab 88 controller
- change out the Fatar keybed for a Kawaii
- waterfall style keys
- Give me a K2600-style ribbon controller
- Improve the build-quality on the faders
- Ditch the endless encoders, and give me traditional pots
- I wouldn't mind a built-in sound engine with Piano, Rhodes, rudimentary B3 patch and Sawtooth lead, just for when everything else fails (it's never happened, but who knows).
- Lastly, throw in a MacBook Pro with 32GB of RAM (I'm still waiting!)

Not a Kawaii Keybed but a Kurzweil PC3K8 comes close on that.

88 Piano style keys Fatar TP40
Optional Ribbon Controller Available. Simple Plug attachment.
Full set of 9 drawbars/assignable faders.
VAST Sound Architecture. Kickass Triple Strike Pianos and Hammond B3 sounds.
32 Assignable/Controllable Zones.

32 Gig Macbook? Ask Santa :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
32 Gig Macbook? Ask Santa :D :D :D

Santa's not the problem here, Apple literally doesn't make one. I would buy it in a heart beat if the did, my MainStage project is running out of juice at 16GB.

I don't really see how your list gets me much closer than what I already have. I can purchase an optional USB ribbon controller, and I already have everything else on that list. Except my controller is a TP/100 not a TP/40.

Ribbon isn't that much of an issue anyway, now that I have a Seaboard. Though if I were making my dream traditional keyboard, that would be on it.

Reaction score
I don't want some all singing, all dancing piece of technical wizardry. For me I'd be overjoyed to own a pristine Farfisa Combo Compact or Vox Continental.

farfisa-combo-compact-225741.jpg

Vox-Continental-organ-3.jpg

Reaction score
Hmm, I think there is still a vox continental in my attic that I put there 40 or so years ago. Seriously though, it's an interesting question and lots of different ideas about it. For me, I am totally satisfied (well as nearly as you ever get) with my recently purchased Roland VR09. Yes I have and have had many keyboards that do various things better but the little VR09 is the one I can put under my arm and take to the gig and get the job done without roadies. Now if it is a jazz gig, I would take my FA08 but really the little 09 has grown on me. In the spirit of the thread, though, I would probably go with an original B3 with a fender Rhodes sitting on top of it.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Lol . . Now we have to become scientists as well as musicians.
I would have no hope . . It took me 10 years just to find middle C . . :D
Yes indeed pretty cool Jeremy.
Ray

Reaction score
Can I have this - it's just for show mind you , but man if you've got , flaunt it

Galaxy Piano – $1.36 million

galaxy-piano.png

We said golden, we meant golden! Meet the Galaxy piano, named so because it looks out of this world!! (and also because it was built by a UAE-based firm of the same name, but never mind). This futuristic piano was designed for the most eagle-eyed of clients and features a nice little array of artistic perks we wouldn’t mind having in our own humble abode (for aesthetics, of course, not because we’re materialistic or anything). That includes a 24-carat gold plated fiberglass body, automatic lid (cover), curved keys (the only one in the world) and gold-plated embedded figurines. You’re probably thinking, ‘Sounds good to me! Where do I sign up’? The answer to that is, you can’t! Only 5 such pianos were made in the history of time, and unfortunately, none of them belong or likely will belong to you or I in the near or infinite future, ever.

Allan

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-5_14-20-24.png
    upload_2017-11-5_14-20-24.png
    45.1 KB · Views: 360

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The only thing missing from that rig is an animatronic Liberace complete with diamond studded candelabra :D :D :D

Not really my cup of tea anyway. Pretty to look at but not very useful for recording dubstep :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I think Yamaha tyros 5 would be more than enough for me as "the ultimate keyboard", considering the limited time I could spend on practicing keyboard.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yamaha Tyros 5 76 keys or the Korg Pa4x 76 keys keyboard I think is more practical for the one man band or duo setup. They have many features far beyond a home keyboard and are just great for writing new songs on the fly.

Reaction score

Ask a Question