What keyboard do I need?

Reaction score
Okay so basically I'm starting to build my studio. So far I have been using a controller and patches on garage band and I'm getting to a point where I'm stuck and am not happy with what I can do with that. For what I want to do I'm sure I need a work station and I'm looking to spend around $1000. I've been looking at the fantom x but there's not any around me to try out. I don't have much experience with workstations so I really don't know what's good or not. I'm making mostly progressive rock/metal. i really need something with good piano, large variety strings/orchestra/choir/brass etc. good organs but nothing too crazy, good pads/synths/leads that will cut through the mix good with distorted guitar and something that I can make the legendary "snarling pig" sound that Jordan Rudess made famous. I really want something with good enthnic sounds as well. I'm not interested in guitar/bass guitar sounds or drums. I know kronos is the best thing but I'm not dropping 4K on that at this moment. I know the fantom x has expansion cards I can use but I want to know if there are any other keyboards out there I should consider in my preferred price range. Thank you in advance

Ask a Question