What keyboard sound is this, and how can I emulate it?

Reaction score
This song has an electric piano-esque sound at 3:30, lasting around a minute.
I’m not that well-versed in models of keyboards, so I have no clue how to get that sound, as I want to cover this song. I have a Korg Kronos, so it would be helpful if there was a program on the Kronos that resembled this sound. Thanks!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It just sounds like a standard Rhodes with reverb and a little phase shifting maybe run thru high pass filter with a bit of resonance to me.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Sounds like a Pianet to me. The older N model, not the later T model (which actually sounded more like a Rhodes, whereas the earlier was a bit closer to a Wurlitzer).

Purgatory Creek has some samples of these instruments
That sounds right to me, but I don’t think I want to spend money on a sample, so I’ll try to find a pre-written patch that has that Wurlitzer-like quality to it.

Reaction score
The EP-1 engine has wurli sounds. But if you end up wanting the expansion that includes that model, at least it's only $25.

Reaction score
Wikipedia suggests that Rhodes, Pianet, Hammond organ, piano and a tone generator were ALL used on that track. Exactly how they were layered and where, I'll leave up to the uber ears here to opine.

Ask a Question