What model of Yamaha is this?

Reaction score
hello,

as seen in picture the brand is of course yamaha, but i want to find out what exact model this could be?

yamaha-png.828

Attachments

• yamaha.png
    yamaha.png
    112 KB · Views: 595

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
It's really hard to tell from that angle and at that image size. It looks like he's either turning a knob with his left hand, in which case it might be a PSR-S770 or PSR-S970; or moving a joystick, in which case it might be a PSR-A2000 or PSR-A3000; or just moving a modulation or pitch bend wheel, in which case it might be almost anything. Certain models can be safely eliminated-- for instance, it isn't shaped like a PSR-S670; the number and positioning of the ports and jacks on the back rule out a PSR-E or PSR-I model; and it doesn't look wide enough to be a DGX model. Do you know what kind of music he's playing? If it's Middle Eastern or Asian, my guess would be that it's likely one of the PSR-A models.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

Here is another angle. i think it doesn't look like he is using pitch bender but im not sure.
he is playing indian music.

yam.png

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
It could also be a PSR-A3000, which looks almost identical to the PSR-S970 except for the left side of the keyboard (obscured by the left hand in this picture) where the PSR-A3000 has a joystick-style pitchbend/modulation combo and special buttons for tuning the notes of the scale, while the PSR-S970 has separate pitch bend and modulation wheels and the two assignable "live control" knobs. The PSR-A3000 would be more appropriate for Indian music.

Reaction score
what about PSR S770. i was confused about s970 and s770. r u sure this can't be S770 ?

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
Yes, the PSR-S970 and PSR-S770 look alike and are nearly identical to each other in features, differing only in the number of built-in voices and so forth. So it could be a PSR-S770, or perhaps an earlier model such as a PSR-S750, PSR-S950, or PSR-A2000. It might even be a PSR-S650, but not (based on its shape) a PSR-S670.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
I just realized that-- as Ray said-- the PSR-S970 and PSR-S950 have a silver dial, whereas the dial on the other models I mentioned is shiny black plastic, not silver. But it's hard for me to tell from the photograph whether the dial is silver or just reflecting a bit of light; I tried zooming in to see better, but it's too blurry to say for sure. So now I'm leaning toward the S970 or 950, but the A3000 or 2000 still seem like more logical choices for Indian music.

Ask a Question