What speakers should I use (for small bar gigs) 5-piece rock'n roll band.

Reaction score
Hello folks

GIVEN: Say a 5-piece band:
One Electric Lead guitar,
One Electric Rhythm guitar,
Electric Bass,
Ludwig drums set,
3 vocals, SM58
One Yamaha Arranger / Workstation
Situation: Live inside gigs 50/100 people
Music genre: Rock'n Roll
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All of the above go thru a Yamaha console. Everything goes thru the console for recording requirements.
For main output we use a pair a Crown amp.
One goes for the two stage monitors while the other is for the main out section.

QUESTION:
What is the best speakers to use, make and model, to get the sound at it's finest, like studio hi-fi sound.

a) a pair of Yamaha DSR
b) a pair of Yamaha DXR
c) a pair of JBL
d) a pair of Cerwin-Vega XLS215

Reaction score
It shouldn't really matter what speakers we suggest, your/bands opinion is what will make a difference.

Out of those speakers you've mentioned above I would suggest you have a good look at the JBL PRX series and have you considered the QSC K8/10/12?
I currently have a pair of QSC K10's which I use for my rig, I would suggest these great speakers to anyone. The only recommendation I would make (although not necessary) is get the Ksub or 2 if you're putting the whole band through the PA so you can really make some good mixes.

Ask a Question