What to do when you first get the piano out of the box.

Reaction score
Gar.

You keep finding and posting the gems.

Jack Duxbury on fine form.

And not an adverse comment by him on the action of the Casio S1000 he is playing

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
He really does capture the essence of making music for the first time ever and how much fun it is to experiment with a new toy. :D

For some of us it is a happy memory and for others it is one of the worst memories, forced to take lessons as a child, having it drilled into you that piano playing is hard work and then being told after practice that it is NOT a toy and being forced to treat it like a piece of furniture between lessons.

(Except of course for those freaks who strap their 1 year old in front of a Steinway and are cultivating another Rachmaninoff. :D )

Anyway, I was told by my dad that I didn't have any talent but for my 18th birthday I bought myself a cheap flute and started teaching myself.

It's really the best part of taking up an instrument later in life when you're old enough to know what your really want to do with it. :)

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
When I was a kid growing up, my mum called me a "7 day wonder"
'Cause I never lasted very long with any of my hobbies or interests.
But! . . Keyboarding has lasted somewhat longer than 7days . .lol.

Learning to play music and actually playing real tunes has given me the biggest thrill factor ever. .

Love music / Love life.

Ray

Reaction score
Hello people! Hope all are in good health. COVID makes us work from home - so managed to put up my double layered keyboards! Here's a peek.

Attachments

• IMG_20200712_231747.jpg
    IMG_20200712_231747.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 111
Reaction score
Oh and by the way, is it just me or does this guy from Anderson's appear a bit strange? Good videos, though

Reaction score
Oh and by the way, is it just me or does this guy from Anderson's appear a bit strange? Good videos, though
I wouldn’t say “strange” he’s just got a quirky sense of humour which I think makes him less intimidating for
beginners.

As stated above, my niece thinks he’s “really cool”.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score

His Youtube persona exists solely for the purpose of marketing synths and keyboards to kids and millenials. The Beatles stopped wearing business suits in the 60's. Like it or not we live in a youth culture and it's definitely a young man's world out there.

After he clocks out, he probably changes into a cardigan and enjoys a cup of tea with his wife and kids. :D :D :D

What I'm saying is it's his job to amuse and bemuse on Youtube for a living and don't always presume that the person you see on the screen is the same way off camera.

Personally? He makes me smile once in a while :)

Gary ;)

Ask a Question