what u think about M-Audio midi controller

Reaction score
what u think about buyin M-Audio midi controller its 88 keys for a beginner < im beginner >
so i wanna buy tht controller , is there anyway 2 make sound thorough any device apart from the pc
i hv my own laptop btw and im afraid of the delay of sound tht most ppl complain abt

thx in advance

WHAT U THINK ABOUT THAT CONTROLLER FOR A TOTALLY BEGINNER :)

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
What spec is the laptop?

Asio4All works well enough if you can get it installed (and it's compatible with your OS).

If you are very computer literate - you may be ok. There's a bit of set-up involved in downloading VSTs and getting them working. Have you a friend who has a set-up and could help you get going - get everything playing and sounding?

If it's a high spec laptop there are lots of great sounding VSTs (including free ones) that you can run.

If it's older and it will run the free soundfont player sfz - there's still plenty of good stuff - including perfectly usable pianos at around 80MB. I used one for a while that I think was an AKAI sample conversion to soundfont. There was a 256MB version but the 80MB one was fine as far as I remember.

Do you want to learn to play two handed piano/keyboard or are you looking for way to make cool electronic sound - chords, bass lines, single note riffs that can be played (and recorded) one bit at a time?

I

Reaction score
thanks alot for replyin goz
and yes i wanna learn to play two handed piano/keyboard
and play some themes and some works like moonlight sonata , la valse d'amelie etc
and i hv a good laptop its core i5 - 4gb ram - 500 hard disk - 1 gb vga card (ati 5470 )
so what u think is it the good choice for me ??
i luv that ultra portable M-Audio 88 key controller
HOW does it cost in ur opinion

Reaction score
That'll do fine - you'll need a music rest/stand (that model doesn't have one).

Are you going to go for a few lessons? Have you a keyboard or piano playing friend that can get you started?

At the moment I'm recommending the Yamaha NP-30 for what you're aiming for - but the one you're looking will be fine with your laptop.

Maybe have a look at the NP-30 too.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
In that case go "cheap is beautiful."

The m-audio 88es is out of your budget range here in the UK - if you can get one where you are that's great.

You mentioned wanting to play some two handed piano - do you read music - do you play another instrument already? You could learn to play simplified versions of well known classical themes by ear - it will be easier to pick up new stuff if you learn to read notation.

Making a mighty electro racket of sound to get people dancing Vs playing a passable version of the slow bit in the Moonlight Sonata to break their hearts - lots of people do both - but reading notation and lessons (which are expensive) will be a big help for the second.

Good luck on your musical adventure.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
hey mate i've been using the 61-Key Semi-Weighted USB MIDI Controller for almost a year now, and it still amazes me, i must say am really happy with it, if you have as you say around 150-200dollars if you could squize some extra money http://www.thomann.de/gr/m-audio_keystation_61es.htm this would be perfect in my opinion, if you also email them before you order it they will give you a small discount :)

Ask a Question