Whats a good cheap keyboard amp?

Reaction score
So since I started in a simple band, we have drums, bass, guitar, and keys.
Since the other instruments overpower my keyboard sound, we all suggested I should deff get a keyboard amp. Well, I don't have much money, so I decided that maybe I can find a cheap one.

Does anyone know of any cheap keyboard amp that is good? maybe a 20-30watt price range of 50-200 dollars?

At the moment I have 12watt speaker..
XD

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-KB-1-20W-1x8-2-Channel-Keyboard-Amp-104007554-i1154529.gc

I was looking at this one by the way...

Reaction score
You could try the Roland KC-150. I've got the KC-350 (~$400, think it's 60-watt), and it was considerably better than everything else in its price range. I'd just go to a store and try a few amps in your price range though, to see what you really like.

Reaction score
The KB 1 is an excellent choice, however it might be a tad weak in a band situation. I'd strongly recommend the KB 2 - very respectable power rating, and not that much more expensive (ok, $100 is quite a bit more, sorry, but zzounds has a great discount going) and I think the power is worth what you're paying for it. I don't own one, but I've used one on several occasions, and it preserves the sound fidelity spectacularly. You won't find any crummy extra warmth or guitar-amp buzz with this one.

If money is too much of a constraint though, the KB 1 is still an excellent choice.

Reaction score
Oh... check this out... just found this... incredible power and an incredible price, though I believe that the sound might not be as pristine as the peavey's... anyway, hope this helps:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHK900FX

It's the Behringer K900FX Ultratone Keyboard Amplifier carrying a ridiculously large 90 watts.

Ask a Question