What's A Good Funk Sound Module Or Keyboard?

Reaction score
Looking for a good funk sound module or keyboard that gives the super nasty funk sounds we all love from the Hammond B3, Hohner Clavinet, Rhodes Piano, etc... I know it probably doesn't exist but your suggestions are appreciated.

Reaction score
Looking for a good funk sound module or keyboard
that gives the super nasty funk sounds we all love from the

Hammond B3,
Hohner Clavinet,
Rhodes Piano, etc...

I know it probably doesn't exist but your suggestions are appreciated.

It does exist - it's called the Nord Electro (or, alternatively, the Nord Stage)

http://www.nordkeyboards.com/main.asp?tm=Products

All the sounds you mentioned are superb on this keyboard (also available in rack version).

Reaction score
hey JPSCOEY ! Let's chat my friend!

It does exist - it's called the Nord Electro (or, alternatively, the Nord Stage)

http://www.nordkeyboards.com/main.asp?tm=Products

All the sounds you mentioned are superb on this keyboard (also available in rack version).

Helloo from a fellow North West-based keyboard player. Perhaps you would be good enough to agree top a chat sometime ? I ambased in North Wales (between Chester and Llandudno) and would love to chat about our respective gear and would like to ask you a cocuple of technical and stage-related questions if you don't mind please?! Can you contact me on 07751 234981 or by email to (e-mail address removed) soonest

Thanks Phil J

Reaction score
I really don't like the onboard effects for nords. Highly advise picking up a lexicon mx200 in addition to those GREAT rhodes / wurly samples and TERRIBLE clav samples in the Nords. :)

Ask a Question