Whats so good about Yamaha cp33?

Reaction score
I mean, that intro it has on the yamaha page, it looks like its a really cool instrument, dont know why I cant find any specification, but someone knows if its any different from your regular satic sampled digital piano? what, it has strings on the inside or something? :b

Reaction score
nope... no strings :)

Yamaha_CP33_small.jpg

Yamaha CP33 is a brilliant stage piano. it has 3 layered stereo sample
(that means that unlike the other samples it has sampled resonance and key off strokes).
What you get is this: When you press a key you hear the tone that key
produces + the resonance of other "strings" like on a real piano... so that kinda simulates the physics
that happen inside the piano. It's not like a classic static piano sample.

It doesn't have speakers, like P140 has (almost the same keyboard. P140 doesn't have a 1/4" jack output but has speakers).

So if you need a great piano sound, and even better key feel you might consider these keyboards. It only depends what will you use it for.

Live gigs, and stage performance - CP33 (pictured above)
Home playing and practicing - P140 (below), that comes in black and silver

x1pGg9EMswqL--o4to1SJ3U4IWHdpzDRwojad7R1mZ64QDjz9b-4vpFV89maf1HMllxtMAKPfXm8CT4dk7m7a9giVttIPILRYytkEavMSlTiwjkJcVmc4jXlCVCKqyvIhUY4G0NYNk3CIsF-utNXF3b73PVwmlekdoQ

P.S. "Yamaha CP33 manual" in google turns out this: http://www2.yamaha.co.jp/manual/pdf/emi/english/synth/CP33_en_om.pdf :D

P.P.S. If all goes well, i'm getting one of those myself in a couple of months

Reaction score
I mean, that intro it has on the yamaha page, it looks like its a really cool instrument, dont know why I cant find any specification, but someone knows if its any different from your regular satic sampled digital piano? what, it has strings on the inside or something? :b

It sounds pretty nice - I tried on at Guitar Center the other day... then again, the Roland RD700GX sounds pretty darn nice too.

Don't be taken in by Yamaha's (or Roland's or Korg's or Kurzweil's) marketing/advertising - it does't matter what they say about it on their website... what matters is how you like the sound and feel of it under your own two hands. :cool:

Ask a Question